AFCW 1 Leicester Nirvana 1 (FA Vase)

AFC Wulfrunians and Leicester Nirvana will have to do it all again on Tuesday night in Leicester after 120 minutes failed to separate the two sides at the CKW Stadium. Mitch McDonald had fired Wulfs into a 58th minute lead only for Jordan Nelson to level just six minutes later.


With a strong wind at their backs in the first half, it was the visitors who made all of the early running. First Celson Patrocinio cut in from the left before firing well over and then Nelson junked into the area before delivering a dangerous ball across goal that Matt Hunt did well to clear.


John Bateman then did well to get down to intercept a Danny Durkin low cross before Wulfs showed their first bit of attacking intent when Nicky Turton turned well before firing over the crossbar.


Ben Jevons then went close for Wulfs when his flick header from a Brodie Williams cross went across the face of goal but wide of the far post.


Nirvana had the best chance of the first half after Bateman had done well to keep out Farid Yusef’s lo got range shot Nelson somehow blazed over from the rebound.


With the wind behind them in the second half, Wulfs came out on the front foot in the second half and Callum Parker had a good chance to open the scoring but he fired a weak shot straight at the keeper.


The deadlock was finally broken byWulfs in the 58th minute. Williams foraged down the left and his cross was half cleared to McDonald who fired in through a packed goalmouth from 15 yards out.


The lead lasted just six minutes as Nirvana hit back. Ryan Calver slid a good ball through to Nelson and he coolly rounded the keeper before slotting into the empty net.


Tom Ray tried his luck for Wulfs with an overhead kick that landed on the roof of the net while, at the other end, Calver fired just over from 30 yards.


Both teams went for the win in the dying minutes of the 90 with Parker scuffing a good chance for Wulfs and Durkin of Nirvana denied by a great block by Hunt.


Extra time was another open affair with Nelson denied a second goal by the linesman’s offside flag while King saw his downward header pushed away by keeper Shay Carter. With no further goals in extra time the tie will go to a replay.


FINAL SCORE: AFC Wulfrunians 1 Leicester Nirvana 1.