AFCW U12’s 4 Walsall Phoenix U12’s 1

Starting Lineup: 1 James Hale, 3 Lawson Taylor, 4 Marcus Dias, 14 Eashan Brackenbridge, 5 Owen Wright-Tennant, 7 Josh Cooke, 9 Ben Moore, 12 Jacob Harper, 8 Dan Lowe

Subs: 13 Simon Cornaby, 2 Sol Sahar, 6 James Debney, 10 Joe Thorneycroft, 11 Jordan Crump

Goals: Jacob Harper (3), Josh Cooke

Assists: Sol Sahar (2), Ben Moore, Owen-Wright-Tennant

Man Of The Match: Jacob Harper


Two fixtures postponements and one game played in unplayable wind conditions have left Wulfrunians short of football recently. Today’s fixture was the final game before the Christmas break and in order to make sure there was no further postponement the game was moved from Castlecroft to Danescourt Road. Walsall Phoenix were the visitors and were looking to do the double over Wulfs having ran out 3-2 winners in the reverse fixture.


Despite the lack of competitive football, Wulfs have trained hard and had no intentions of falling to defeat against Walsall for a second time. Wulfs started by pressing high and there early pressure was rewarded with just five minutes on the clock. Ben Moore drilled a corner to the near post for Josh Cooke to get in front of his marker and head home 1-0. Wulfs were certainly the better side today unlike in the previous encounter between the two sides but a against the run of play Walsall got themselves on level terms. A freekick from 25 yards out was crossed in and went undefended beating everyone and flying straight into the back of the net 1-1. Wulfs continued their pressure putting the Walsall goal under constant threat and took the lead for a second time just before the break. Again Ben Moore provided the ball, this time from a freekick, Owen Wright-Tennant won the ball in the box only for Jacob Harper to take over showing excellent footwork to provide himself an opening and smash home from close range 2-1 Half Time.


The second half started with Wulfs in full flow and the introduction of Sol Sahar gave Walsall another problem to deal with. Sahar was twice on hand to play in a rampant Jacob Harper who again showed excellent footwork and finishing to make to score 3-1 and 4-1 and wrapping up a well deserved hatrick. Manager Ian Moore decided he was happy with the three goal cushion and decided to take no chances switching to four at the back to protect the lead. In truth Wulfs could have had more goals today but no one is complaining as Wulfs sealed there first win in five games giving players, parents and coaches a Very Merry Christmas!