Walsall Phoenix U12’s 3 AFCW U12’s 2

Starting Lineup: 1 James Hale, 3 Lawson Taylor, 4 Marcus Dias, 14 Eashan Brackenbridge, 7 Josh Cooke, 12 Jacob Harper, 5 Owen Wright-Tennant, 9 Ben Moore, 11 Jordan Crump


Subs: 2 Sol Shahar, 6 James Debney, 8 Simon Cornaby, 10 Joe Thornycroft


Goals: Jacob Harper, Josh Cooke


Assists: Ben Moore (2)


Man Of The Match: Marcus Dias


Following last week’s first defeat of the season, Manager Ian Moore rang the changes as AFC Wulfrunians travelled to Aldridge to face Walsall Phoenix.


Wulfs started the game very slow and Walsall grabbed an early lead. Walsall pressed high up the pitch and stopped Wulfs playing out from the back and created a number of dangerous opportunities from their hard work. Despite Walsall’s high pressure Wulfs failed to change their short passing game and therefore struggled to get out there own half.  A rare Wulfs attack saw Ben Moore chase down a ball on the Walsall goal line and pull back to Jacob Harper who smashed home for 1-1. Walsall had the ball in the net again before the break but there goal was ruled out for offside leaving the score at 1-1 at Half Time.


The second half was a much more competitive and entertaining affair with both sides raising the intensity and battling harder for possession. Walsall regained the lead when there forward broke free of the Wulfs back line and coolly slotted home the one on one opportunity. Walsall held the lead for a long spell of the second period and despite Wulfs looking for an equalizer the Walsall goal was never really threatened. As time wore thin Wulfs pressure grew stronger and eventually pulled themselves back on terms with Ben Moore again the provider this time for Josh Cooke to fire home from the edge of the area 2-2. Wulfs had that look of a winner about them now and given previous comebacks it certainly seemed possible but a poor goal kick from an out of form Wulfs keeper Cornaby gave the Walsall a chance to take all the points of which they took despite Jacob Harpers best efforts on the line. All round a disappointing display from the Wulfs lads today, Final Score 3-2.