AFCW U12’s 3 Mickleover Sports U12’s 5


Starting Lineup: 13 Simon Cornaby, 4 Marcus Dias, 12 Jacob Harper, 3 Lawson Taylor, 2 Sol Shahar, 7 Josh Cooke, 5 Owen Wright-Tennant, 14 Eashan Brackenbridge, 11 Jordan Crump


Subs: 6 James Debney, 10 Joe Thornycroft,


Goals: Jordan Crump (2), Josh Cooke


Assists: Josh Cooke (2), Sol Shahar


Man Of The Match: Marcus Dias


AFC Wulfrunians played host to Mickleover Sports as the top two Under 12 MJPL sides went head to head. Wulfrunians have won six out of six while Mickleover have recorded six wins and a draw and in their first seven games setting an up what should be an entertaining clash.


Wulfs have made a habit of starting slow and having to come from behind in recent games but today was a different story as they took an early lead with a classic Cooke assist Crump finish 1-0. Wulfs biggest weakness is coping with the dangerous ball over the top and they twice got caught out to turn the game on its head as Mickleover went 1-2 in front. The game was end to end as two top footballing sides carved each other open, Wulfs grabbed a equalizer via another Cooke Crump combination, Cooke providing a pin point cross that Crump headed home 2-2. Wulfs then pulled themselves back in front, this time a Sol Shahar corner wasn’t cleared and Josh Cooke smashed home the loose ball from close range 3-2. An entertaining first half to say the least ended with Mickleover levelling things up, a freekick from the far side of the pitch sailed over the crowded penalty area and straight into the net leaving Wulfs keeper Cornaby stranded. Half Time 3-3.


The second half was a much more tense affair we neither side wanting to surrender points while still putting on a superb display that was worth paying to watch! It was Mickleover who took all the points to remain top of the table as Wulfs keeper Cornaby had a match to forget. A poor goal kick surrender possession, Mickleover worked the ball well onto the goal line and crossed the ball in which the Wulfs keeper missed and was easily finished off. 3-4. Then came the final goal, another ball over the top, Cornaby came out and was rounded before pulling back the Mickleover forward to provide a freekick on the edge of the box. The Wulfs keeper was lucky not to see red but was punished enough as Mickleover smashed home the resultant freekick, Final Score 3-5.