Brocton 1 AFCW 4

AFC Wulfrunians recorded back-to-back league wins for the first time since August as they dominated Brocton in a 4-1 victory. There were stand out performances for Jamie King, who grabbed a brace, and man of the match Jordan Perks.


It took just 16 minutes for Wulfs to take the lead, as they capitalised on some poor Brocton passing. Jake Webb won the ball in the middle of the pitch and played a great ball through for Jamie King, who fired powerfully into the corner.


Within five minutes their lead was doubled, albeit in fortunate circumstances. Mark Ganderton challenged for a free ball on the edge of the area and the ball cannoned off his foot and looped over Calum Barrett’s head and into the net.


Webb almost added a goal of his own after half an hour. He benefitted from an unfortunate deflection on a Brocton pass and managed to beat two defenders, but his shot was straight at the ‘keeper.


A defensive miscommunication allowed Brocton back into the game, as a poor header back to Danny Tipton by Matt Hunt was intercepted by Gary Fife, who poked his effort past the ‘keeper.


However, Wulfs extended their lead just before the break. Some good work by Ricky Anslow on the left hand side gave him the space to put a cross in, and King was on hand to turn it in from close range.


The result was secured with 27 minutes remaining, as Wulfs added a fourth and final goal. Tipton’s long free kick was excellently flicked on by Ben Jevons and Anslow took it down well before calmly finishing.


This result now means that Wulfrunians have won three of their last four league games, scoring an impressive 10 goals in the process. However, they now take a break from league football as they have three cup games on the bounce, beginning with a League Cup game against Lye Town on Tuesday.


AFC Wulfrunians line up: Tipton, Waterhouse, Perks, Sedgemore, Hill, Hunt, Webb (J Daley 84), Ganderton (Rose-Laing 70), Anslow (Brady 75), King, Jevons.


Back to Fixtures & Results