U18’s romp home at Coleshill

After an enforced four weeks lay off, Wulfs returned to MFYL action with a 4-0 win away at Coleshill Town.


With a wind at their backs in the first half, it didn’t take Wulfs long to break the deadlock when in the 3rd minute Jake Webb pounced on some defensive hesitancy to nick the ball and fire low past keeper Harry Bennett.


Webb was causing the home defence all sorts of problems and almost added a second shortly after when he ran on to Harvey Pearson’s ball over the top only to be denied by the keeper’s foot.


Next the lively striker cut across the edge of the area before firing a shot off the outside of the far post and then delivered a good cross which Mike
Brookes headed well wide when he should have done better.


The second goal Wulfs’ dominance deserved finally came in the 19th minute. Charlie Turner did well down the right before squaring across the edge of the area for Liam Wilkinson to fire a first time dipping shot over the keeper and into the net.


Webb went close to adding to the lead when he raced on to a long kick from Chris Ryan and lobbed a shot over the keeper but, unfortunately, over the bar also.


Coleshill’s first attempt at goal came in the 28th minute when a ball into the area was headed out to Brady Byrne who hit a dipping shot that kicked up in front of keeper Ryan but he did well to get his body behind the ball to block.


Just one minute later Wulfs extended their lead. Jake Webb again breached the defence but this time he was forced wide by the keeper so crossed for Ryan Bright whose headed effort was blocked on the line but he followed up to fire home from close range.


Webb then exchanged passes with Jacob Craner from a short corner before delivering a dangerous ball into the area which keeper Bennett tipped against the inside of his far post.


In what was fast turning into a one man show, Webb then headed Bright’s near post cross wide before seeing his inswinging corner from the left cleared off the line at the far post. He then hit the woodwork for the third time when another dangerous ball into the area struck the outside of the far post.


The second half started well with Wulfs making it 4-0 just four minutes in. Craner was the supplier, beating the keeper to a through ball before crossing in for Turner to fire home.


Gradually the game became scrappy with the long lay off and heavy conditions starting to takes it’s toll although the back line of Ben Webb, Alex Haynes, Harvey Pearson and Benji Gutteridge continued to look solid.


Craner went close to increasing Wulfs’ lead in the 53rd minute when he turned and shot wide while, at the other end, Liam Pearson fired a 35 yard shot straight at Ryan.


Youngsters Dan Beese, Leigh Brindley and Jamie Allen were introduced as Wulfs closed out the game and the home side’s only real effort at goal came 6 minutes from time when Jonas Levine found substitute Ansuman Manneh and he sidestepped his marker before dragging his shot wide.


Back to Fixtures & Results