U18’s held at Boldmere

Wulfs made two changes from the side which defeated Hednesford Town the previous week with the fit again Haynes and Jake Webb replacing the injured Wilkinson and unavailable Charlesworth.


Wulfs started slowly on a heavy pitch as Boldmere dominated the early exchanges and it was no surprise when, on 12 minutes, they took the lead when a cross from the right was headed clear to Chubb who drove the ball into the far corner from 25 yards.


Boldmere should have extended their lead on 14 minutes when Chubb again got clear down the right and his cross was turned goal wards by Barker but Ben Webb was on hand to clear off the line.


Wulfs gradually got into the game and created their first chance on 24 minutes when Turner fired straight at the keeper.


On 26 minutes, however, Wulfs equalised when a quick free kick found Purdie on the edge of the area and as he advanced, he was fouled by Bennett to win a penalty which was duly despatched into the top corner by Jake Webb.


Two minutes later Wulfs took the lead when Purdie found Marsh on the right and he raced clear before his pinpoint cross found Jake Webb in the box, and he lifted the ball over the advancing keeper into the net.


Wulfs were now dominating and another fine move between Webb (J) and Marsh set the latter clear again and his cross found Turner who blazed over from 8 yards, but Wulfs went into the break with a narrow lead.


Boldmere came out roaring in the second half and equalised almost immediately when Brewin and Caulfield combined to set up O’Reilly who finished at the near post.


Boldmere then took control and Ryan was forced into an excellent save from Silke and Caulfield shot over when in a good position.


However, on 68 minutes, against the run of play, Wulfs took the lead when an excellent through ball from Marsh found Webb who raced clear to beat the keeper and complete his hat-trick.


Wulfs replaced the limping Brookes with Martin, but Boldmere continued to press and Ryan again had to make a fine save on 72 minutes to keep out Caulfield.


However, from the resulting corner Haynes was adjudged to have handled at the near post, and despite a fine effort from Ryan, O’Reilly scored from the spot to make it 3-3.


Wulfs brought on Beese and Craner to replace tired legs, but Boldmere were still in control and should have scored on 88 minutes when a shot from Bent was well saved by Ryan, but the rebound fell to O’Reilly who blazed over the empty net allowing Wulfs to hang on for a point.


Back to Fixtures & Results